Your interest in Glasgow Baptist Church is appreciated. You are invited to complete this initial application form and submit it along with your resume to the Pastor Search Committee.
Applications will be open until November 27, 2023.
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
Principal Function of the Pastor for Glasgow Baptist Church
The Pastor is a spiritual leader and overseer of the congregation of the church. As a spiritual leader, he will guide the church in step with the New Testament church outlined in scripture and in the Statement of Beliefs of Glasgow Baptist Church. As overseer of the congregation, he will encourage church leaders to fulfill the mission of Glasgow Baptist Church and provide pastoral care for persons in the church and the community. He will also lead the church staff to perform the tasks needed to carry out the duties of the mission of Glasgow Baptist church.
Mission of Glasgow Baptist
The mission of Glasgow Baptist Church is to bring people to Jesus to CONNECT them with believers, to GROW them in Christlikeness so they can SERVE one another, and to PROCLAIM God’s grace to EXALT Christ Jesus.
Statement of Basic Beliefs
We affirm the Holy Bible as the inspired word of God and the basis for our beliefs. This church subscribes to the doctrinal statement of “The Baptist Faith and Message” as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 1963 (as amended and as identified in the Bylaws of Glasgow Baptist Church and any amendments thereto). We voluntarily band ourselves together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ personally committed to sharing the good news of salvation with lost mankind. The ordinances of the church are baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- Be a growing disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Serve as a spiritual leader and overseer of the congregation and deliver sermons that inspire our congregation to lead a Jesus-following life.
- Proclaim the Gospel and lead the Church in proclaiming the Gospel to the church and community. Provide leadership for Sunday Services and Wednesday night gatherings.
- Plan for and provide leadership in the observances of the church.
- Work collectively with church leadership and ministerial staff for the greatest impact for the kingdom. Set forth a vision, direction, and relevance in the community for the accomplishment of the mission of Glasgow Baptist Church.
- Conduct counseling for individuals and give consolation for individuals experiencing grief or death.
- Supervise church staff according to the personnel policies of Glasgow Baptist Church. • Seek God’s direction for our church and then develop a plan for us to follow.
- Communicate biblical truths to help all people develop in their walk with Jesus, no matter how long they have been a believer.
- Upon request, officiate at funerals and weddings.